RECIPE – Thai Style Luscious Laksa Broth
SERVES 4 AS A MEAL
- 1 jar 200gm Por Kwan Laksa paste
- 1 cup Thai chicken stock (can use vegetable)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can straw mushrooms
- 1 punnet fresh mushrooms
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 knob galangal, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 fresh lime, for juice
- Fish sauce to taste
- 1 packet bean shoots
- ½ packet tofu puffs, sliced
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 packet of fresh egg or rice noodles, cooked and kept hot.
- Fresh lime wedge
Heat a heavy based pot and add the laksa paste to sauté until fragrant. Pour over hot water or stock to create the broth then add the coconut milk and the fish sauce. Bring the soup to simmer then add the mushrooms, galangal, chilli and fresh lime.
Place the warm noodles in a bowl with bean shoots, tofu puffs and sliced red onion. Pour the hot broth over the noodles and scatter with fresh coriander. Serve with extra fresh lime and enjoy!
*Could also be flavoured with prawns, cooked chicken, fish balls as desired.